Please mail payments or
other correspondence to:
are held at our Property Owner's Association Building
17491 Killdeer Dr Bend, Or
Historical information about our building is noted below,
including the purchase of the building,
Deschutes County permits and approved hours and use of the building,
and recent maintenance and improvements.
May 24, 1986 -- Board meeting minutes, discussion of property purchase
January 17, 1987 -- Board meeting minutes about property purchase
March 1987 -- 17491 Killdeer Dr was purchased for $11,000.
February 26, 1988 -- A Conditional Use Permit was granted to use the building as a vehicle maintenance shop.
1990 - 2000's -- In addition to storage, the office was also used for Board meetings and community gatherings; potlucks, card games, exercise classes, etc.
March 2006 -- The "building boom" changed OWWII from a predominately recreational community into a residential neighborhood, with many full time owners. The Board of Directors was sensitive to this issue and applied for a new Conditional Use Permit ($1,125 fee) with Deschutes County.
The application placed limits on the type of activities the building can now be used for:
"Allow current use of the building as an office and storage place with open office hours extended up to
20 hours a week, Tuesday thru Saturday, not open before 9 am and not after 4 pm. To again hold
Association Board Meetings, once a month with a usual average of 10 to 30 property owners attending.
To allow for small, occasional use of building for board members to discuss and resolve community
issues, usually not exceed 5 persons, 4 to 5 hours total each month."
April 2006 -- Deschutes County approved the application:
- June 2013 -- A pre-emergent was applied to gravel areas to prevent vegetation growth, this is a very low cost expense to sterilize and protect our parking area.
- July 2012 -- The building and storage shed were painted.
- July 2011 -- Grade parking lot, then place additional gravel on driveway & parking areas.
- Grade soil away from the foundation of the POA building to improve drainage and prevent dry-rot.
- The side yard of the POA building was cleared of "miscellaneous stuff" and debris. The interior of the shed was also organized.
- January 2011 -- The Board authorized purchase of a new computer, printer/scanner, and software.
- April 2010 -- Remove & replace roof and exterior door on the POA building.
- Vents were cut in and several sheets of plywood needed to be replaced because of dry-rot due to lack of air circulation. Ice block barrier was applied to the flat roof area toward the back of the building.
- Remove exterior front door because it had no weatherstripping or exterior threshold. Replace with an exterior grade metal door with programmable-digital lock set.